1. Your Personal Data – What is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
2. Who Are We?
The owner of ME Foggy Dog is the data controller (contact details below). This means they decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. How do we process your personal data?
The owner of ME Foggy Dog complies with their obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To enable us to contact and reply to your enquiries;
- To process your orders with us;
- To fundraise and promote the interests of the organisation;
- To manage our volunteers;
- To maintain our own accounts and records (including the processing of gift aid applications);
- To inform you of news, events and activities run by us.
When someone visits our website (www.mefoggydog.org) we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
We may use a third party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our email newsletter. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our email newsletter. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice [https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/]. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails.
ME Foggy Dog uses social media extensively, whilst they handle all data confidentially, some responsibility has to be accepted by the social media user. A social media ‘name’ and images are personal identifiers. If a user voluntarily decides to make this infomation public, it is accepted as their decision with a full understanding and expectation that it will be seen by others. The owner of ME Foggy Dog will not publish/will delete any comments (blog/social media) posted by individuals that contain personal identifiers such as a private individual’s name, address or telephone number. Further to this, ME Foggy Dog will not post any images without prior consent of the individual’s that are the focus of the image as this is personal data.
We may pass your information to third party service providers, or use a third-party service, who we have engaged for the purpose of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf. Only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service is shared with any third party.
ME Foggy Dog uses Stripe, an online payment system, to process merchandise orders. This information is held securely and is confidential before being deleted after an appropriate length of time. Online donations are processed by JustGiving (Data Controller) and data is shared between JustGiving and the ME Association.
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- Contractual necessity so that we can reply to you
- Explicit consent so we can keep you informed about news, events and activities and process your gift aid donations.
5. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential. We will only share your data with third parties with your consent.
6. How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep data for as long as appropriate, for example if you withdraw consent for blog subscription we would delete your information from our records. Specifically, we retain gift aid declarations, merchandise sales information, and associated paperwork for up to six years after the calendar year to which they relate.
7. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which ME Foggy Dog holds about you;
- The right to request that ME Foggy Dog corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for the owner of ME Foggy Dog to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable) [Only applies where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and in either case the data controller processes the data by automated means].
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable) [Only applies where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics]
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
8. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
9. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact the Sally Callow (Owner) at ME Foggy Dog via email – firstname.lastname@example.org
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit.
To learn more about cookies, you can visit www.aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to block and delete cookies from your computer as well as more general information about cookies. For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile phone you will need to refer to your handset manual.
The Cookies We Use
Google Analytics – These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
This data helps us to understand:
- Which pages people visit on the site
- Which internet browsers are being used
- What is popular on the site
- Which interactive tools are used by visitors
By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
Notification of Changes
We are not responsible for the availability or content of external sites that may be linked to, from the site. If you find a broken link or if you have any questions or concerns about a link, please contact us.